Todays blog takes a different turn. 😃
For the past few days I have attempted, note the word attempted, to daily summarize chapters of the book – The Purpose Driven Life by Rick Warren. As human as I am, it has not been daily 😅
I was simply blown away by what I read in Chapter 7 of the book.
The opening line was – ‘It’s all for Him.’
And is it not???
I’ll quote quite a bit from the book please.
The ultimate goal of the universe is to show glory to God. It is the reason for everything that exists, including me and you. That’s something isn’t it?
What is the glory of God? This here was mind blowing:
It is the essence of His nature, the weight of His importance, the radiance of His splendour, the demonstration of His power, and the atmosphere of His presence.
God’s glory is the expression of His goodness and all His other intrinsic, external qualities.
Oooh my gooodness!!!
Where is God’s glory?
Just take a look around.
Everything created by God reflects His glory in some way, from the smallest microscopic form of life to the vast Milky Way!
In heaven, God’s glory provides all the light needed. (Revelation 21:23)
Revelation 21:23 NIV – The city does not need the sun or the moon to shine on it, for the glory of God gives it light, and the Lamb is its lamp.
Gods inherent glory is what He possesses because He is God.
We cannot add anything to this glory, just as it would be impossible for us to make the sun shine brighter.
How can we bring glory to God??
• by worshipping Him. Our responsibility to our great God. We worship by enjoying Him and our worship should be motivated by love, thanksgiving and delight.
• by loving other believers. We must learn to love as God does, because God is love, and it honors Him.
John 13:34-35 NIV – 34 “A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. 35 By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.”
• by becoming like Christ. Spiritual maturity is becoming more like Jesus in the way we think, feel and act. The more we develop Christ-like character, the more we bring glory to God.
2 Corinthians 3:18 NIV – And we all, who with unveiled faces contemplate the Lord’s glory, are being transformed into his image with ever-increasing glory, which comes from the Lord, who is the Spirit.
• by serving others with our gifts. This — God didn’t give your abilities for selfish purposes, but to benefit others, just as others were given abilities for your benefit.🤔
• by telling others about Him. God expects us to share Him.
What is your response to this great and glorious God??
Will you live for your own goals, comfort, pleasure, or will you live the rest of your life for Gods glory, knowing that He has promised eternal rewards?
Romans 11:36 NIV – For from him and through him and for him are all things.
To him be the glory forever! Amen.
God bless you!!!