What does it mean to stand?🤔
Here I come again with my questions. 😅
Many things in life can bring us to our knees – which is not necessarily a bad thing, that is, if we are on our knees in total surrender to God, on our knees in prayer or anything along those lines.
HOWEVER, being brought to our knees in desperation or so on is a no-no.
Get up my sister, my brother, for you have a God!💪🏽💪🏽
I don’t use these words lightly, I have been there, boy have I been there; I used to sit on the floor – I was troubled, confused, hopeless and in turmoil.
What did I learn from that experience?
1. John 10:10
The devil eh, he’s not there to play; he seeks to steal, kill and destroy and he’s prowling; may we never fall prey to him.
2. When it comes down to it, you are the one who has to decide that enough is enough. No one can do it for you. I watched months go by; stuck in a rut. As I was down there, life was going on and I asked myself – is this it for me? Will I be stuck here forever? One day, I finally said no and asked God – please help me get out of this.
3. God dey.
He has promised never to leave nor forsake us. Through it all He was and is with me. Just waiting for me to call on Him, just as He is with you. A God of love. 🥰
4. What works for you might not work for another. God delivered me Himself. We all have different experiences in life. Don’t expect your story to be the same as mine. Like I keep telling my son – stay in your lane and run the race of life. If you keep looking at others running, you miss out on your own path and may stumble and fall. Instead, we should as it were fix our eyes on Jesus, the author and perfecter of our faith.
Back to the question.
What does it mean to stand??
– to have or maintain an upright position, supported by one’s feet.
In our Christian walk, we are told to stand firm; to stand firm in our faith.
I found this to mean the following:
– to be unwavering, not stumbling or easily moved.
– having our feet planted on a foundation that can hold us.
– Being firm in our belief, trust and confidence in Christ and in the Word of God.
– Resisting the devil and his lies — the armour of God.
– Knowing our identity in a Christ and our union with the Lord Jesus Christ.
It is not a joke!! 😅
Can we do this on our own??
BUT we can do ALL THINGS THROUGH CHRIST WHO GIVES US STRENGTH!!!
We sang a hymn yesterday in church and it got to me.
‘Standing on the promises of God’
What a wow!
Check out the words below.
Also find some verses below.
Ephesians 6:11 ESV –
Put on the whole armour of God, that you may be able to stand against the schemes of the devil.
Ephesians 6:13 NIV – Therefore put on the full armour of God, so that when the day of evil comes, you may be able to stand your ground, and after you have done everything, to stand.
1 Corinthians 15:58 NIV – Therefore, my dear brothers and sisters, stand firm.
Let nothing move you. Always give yourselves fully to the work of the Lord, because you know that your labor in the Lord is not in vain.
Philippians 4:1 NIV – Therefore, my brothers and sisters, you whom I love and long for, my joy and crown, stand firm in the Lord in this way, dear friends!
1 Corinthians 16:13 NIV Be on your guard; stand firm in the faith; be courageous; be strong.
God dey paaaaa!!
Never forget it!